Posts Tagged ‘rest of my life’

how effective are chiropractor results?? do i have to go see him for rest of my life?

Tuesday, September 13th, 2011

cuz he said my body is coming to shape after he adjust me and hes straightning my spine. i wonder wat happens if i stop going to him or do i have to see him for rest of my life?

My neck began popping when I saw a chiropractor five years ago, and it won't stop. What can I do?

Sunday, August 28th, 2011

I have tried everything I know to do. I saw an orthopedist who did an MRI, and said there is now a bone spur in my neck. I saw a physical therapist for several months, and they did traction and massage. I take Ibuprofen and Naproxen Sodium. I’ve also tried MSM and Glucosamine Sulfate. I’ve thought about surgery, but the doctors said the surgery is not always effective and can cause restriction in the neck. So, I am stuck with the popping and aching all the time. Acupuncture and massage work temporarily. I wish I had NEVER let the chirpractor pop my neck in the first place. Anyone with a similar story, or any advice?
I’ve already seen 4 or 5 other chiropactors, and they didn’t help either. I did some neck exercises at the physical therapist. I can’t really say that helped much. It sometimes made the problem worse. Oh, and I had trigger point injections, too. Those help temporarily. I think it may just be something I will have to live with for the rest of my life.
I’m not really satisfied with any of the answers, because I have tried everything they suggest. I am choosing the funny one.

why a chiropractor has to fix your back all the time?

Saturday, July 2nd, 2011

Can’t they just correct one’s and awhile and not all the time no auto wrecks. just sore back and neck. should a message be better and more beneficial. And do i have to go for rest of my life.

Is Chiropractic my best choice. I have just found out I have a several twists in my spine and other things.?

Sunday, January 16th, 2011

They want me to start a year of treatments. I have lost all the arches in my feet, I have a very misaligned spine pinching many nerves. I have lost the natural curve in my neck and in my lower back. I have several twist in the neck and spine that are causing 14 bone spurs in my neck and in my lower back. I have severe Subluxations in the spine by the thermal Scan.These should all be white and mine are almost in the purple area.They done several Xrays and they really look nasty. Said if I would have waited a week or 2 I would have more then likely been heading for a wheel chair. That If the treatment does not work I am facing a Spine surgery from my head to my tail bone. My fear is if they get my spine in alignment what will happen to all the bone spurs by my spine? And What if I let them munipulate my back and they get it wrong If I could end up Parilized? I am scared seriously. Should I do the treatment or stay away. I really like the Doctor But I am only 49 and do not want to end up in a chair for the rest of my life.But I have been in Severe Pain for 49 years. And I am interested in things that do NOT involve Pills or surgery.
The reason I say pain for 49 years is I have Bacterial, viral Spinal Meningitus at 2 months old. And my parents were told I would be in a wheel chair before I was 30. I broke my shoulder in 1992 and was told after an MRI I had Degenerative Spinal Disc Disease. Was sent to a Pain management doctor. Pill after pill nothing worked. Only made me sicker. Then I was told I had a Ulcer from the Meds. And Then I tore the muscles from my spine. Days in the Hospital. Was told only choice was Surgery. Was given an 80/20 chance. Doctor said 80% chance of being a Cripple and 20 % chance of Dying I said NO. He threw my chart and stormed out of the Room. Then I was told I had Chronic Benign Pain Syndrome it was All In My Head. Take these pills be all better. Yet worsed again. I quit doctoring Went into Remission for 5 years never took anything except an occasional Ibuprofen. Done great. Then the Stress level worsened. Husband had an affair. And family problems. And my health went to pot. So I decided

hello, I have been suffering from l-5, s-1 disc herniation pain…even on meds, any advice for bulging discs?

Thursday, December 2nd, 2010

hello, in the last 5yrs i have been suffering incredible back pain, as my l5 s1, lumber/lower/sacral areas have 2 herniated discs. i have been taking percocets now for 2yrs and The pain has been under control with the use of meds and anti inflammatories, traction/table decompression and now we are adding chiropractic car at the advice a pain doctor. im asking anyone here if they have had any chronic back injuries or pain like this related to the discs in the back. if so, why after years would my doctor send me to his partner for chiropractic care? i have no confidence in chiropractic care for this type of injury that has lasted years and is getting worse. i cant see how manipulation adjustments will work when the the discs are herniated and how can this change anything at all? ive had epideral injections that have only aggravated the injury leaving me couch ridden in pain, but they keep pushing them. my doctor has advise me that i will be on pain meds the rest of my life as its degenerative in nature. i went and got a 2nd opinion from a doctor named lawrence rothstein whom has pioneered the laser discektomy procedure where the laser is inserted via a camera, the laser is used to remove the part of the disc that is being compressed thereby reducing the pain. I have seen this procedure work for 2 patients successfully whom were able to discontinue pain meds, they were very happy. im just very confused as to how to proceed as i also hear lots of horror stories and patients suffering from multiple failed surgeries referred to as surgery syndrome etc. i would like to find out if anyone knows of any procedures that have worked for them to alleviate herniated disc pain. taking meds and treating the symptoms takes its toll, and doesnt fix the problem. any ideas relating to herniated discs?

Sciatica – What should I do?

Wednesday, November 24th, 2010

I started experiencing sciatica pain in my lower back and left leg at the age of 16 which prevented me from doing regular exerise, playing football etc. – very young I’m told to experince this sort of problem. And as a result, after having consulted 2 doctors at the time to try and diagnose the specific problem, I was sent to a hospital for an X-RAY, and to a chiropractor to see exactly if there was any sort of problem.

I was told by both the doctors and chiropractic that the base of my spine was somewhat compounded and the discs were close together which could be causing the pain.

As with all chiropractors, I was given a strict routine of exercises to follow in the hope it would eradicate the problem, but I’m 21 years old now, and although it is often OK, I still experince seriously painful days or weeks where it won’t go away and prevents me almost walking, let alone training or doing anything.

Because of my age, I felt I perhaps was’nt taken as seriously as somebody with similar problems if they’d been middle-aged, but I now have no idea what to do. I was disheartened by the lack of help I was given and that the doctors did not recognise the severity of the problem hence why i have not returned.

Do I continue with exercise as best I can and just learn to live with it, or is this something that can be fixed with surgery. I find it difficult to see how any doctor of chiropractic can irradicate pain completely if the discs are compounded. I don’t particually wan’t to have to do those silly exercises every day for the rest of my life, so what are my options?

Can chiropractic work help alleviate Sciatica?

Sunday, October 10th, 2010

I have had sciatica for just over 3 months now, and my doctor just gave me some naproxin and some stretches to do. Stretching seems to relieve the pain sometimes, but I’ve been told to just expect to have to deal with the pain for good now. Is this true, will I have this pain for the rest of my life? I was wondering if chiropractic work might alleviate the pain. Anyone have any experience with this? I have two friends whom had surgery for this…I really hope I don’t have to do that! I am 35 and I would consider my health to be better than ever! I don’t want to quit working out due to this pain!